REGISTER TO VOTE
Qualifications to Register to Vote
- Be a US citizen
- Be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18)
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election
- Not be in prison for a felony conviction
- Not be found incompetent by a court
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
How and Where to Register to Vote
- You can register in person at the Putnam County Board of Elections, 25 Old Route 6, Carmel, NY 10512
- You can call 1-845-808-1300 to request a New York State Voter Registration Form
- You can download a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form
Download English Registration Form
Download Spanish Registration Form
Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail to Putnam County Board of Elections, 25 Old Route 6, Carmel, NY 10512
- You can complete a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by clicking on the link below, typing the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes.
Complete English Registration Form On-Line
Complete Spanish Registration Form On-Line
Once the form is completed, you need to print the form and sign it. We cannot accept any kind of digital or Adobe-generated signature. Then, mail the form to Putnam County Board of Elections, 25 Old Route 6, Carmel, NY 10512. Voters must be registered twenty-five days before an election in order to be eligible to vote in that election.
- You can also complete an HTML version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by clicking on the link below, typing the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes.
HTML English Registration Form On-Line
HTML Spanish Registration Form On-Line
The Voter Registration Form can also be used to inform the Board of Elections of a change of your name and/or address, as well as to enroll in a political party or change your party enrollment. A change of enrollment received up until February 14th each year will be effective immediately. Changes received on or after February 15th until seven days after the June Primary will be set aside and opened the seventh day following the June Primary and entered in the voter’s registration record
Further information regarding voter registration can be obtained from the New York State Board of Elections. If you cannot remember whether you are registered to vote or enrolled in a party, you can check here. Voters who are unsure of where they vote can use our polling place locator to find this information.
Voter Cancellation & Enrollment Correction Forms
Cancellation of Registration Form